Featured events are long-standing, large-scale events that take place during Howdy Week. Featured events are sponsored by a University Office, Department or Sponsored Level Student Organizations as defined by Student Activities.
Featured Event Description
- Occurred for at least 3 years of the last 5 years
- Documented average attendance of at least 500 people
- Align with at least one of the University’s Undergraduate Student Learning Outcomes
- Sponsored by a University office, department or Sponsored-Level Student Organization as defined by Student Activities
- Open to the entire incoming student population
- Free to attend
- The ability to choose date and time before the general Call for Events
- No other events will be accepted during the same time frame (no direct overlaps will be allowed)
- These events will be highlighted on the comprehensive Howdy Week schedule of events
- Complete the post-Howdy Week survey
- Maintain all qualifications
- Provide (1) table at your event for the Howdy Week Committee, if necessary
We understand some major events will not meet all criteria. If you feel your event should be listed as a Featured Event but does not meet one or more of the criteria, please apply and email New Student & Family Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org) answering the following questions:
- Describe the event: What population does it serve? What is its mission?
- Which qualification(s) does it not meet?
- Why do you feel it should be included as a Featured Event?
Each exemption request will be evaluated by a committee comprised of the Howdy Week Coordinator, the Director of New Student & Family Programs and a representative from Student Life.